Tasty light spicy pulled pork and couscous dinner for 2-3
Choose 2 large pork chops – preferably non-pen farmed (organic)
- dash of oil
- 1 brown onion
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp ras el hanout
- 2-3 cups of vegetable stock – Campbells is great
Heat the oil in an ovenproof casserole pot on a hot stovetop.
Seer the pork chops until browned and remove from the pot.
Put onions and garlic in the pot – cook until browned and then return pork chops.
Add stock to cover chops.
Stir in the teaspoon of ras el hanout and bring to the boil.
Put the pot into the oven with the lid on and fan bake on 170C for 2 hours or until the meat falls off the bone.
Shred or pull the meat apart. discarding fat.
Finally, spoon the onion and vegetable juice onto the pork and set it aside to cool.
- 1 cup of couscous – preferably larger Egyptian type
- 1 shallot, chopped very fine
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 2 dried figs – chopped into small pieces. You could also use dates.
- 1 tsp of ras el hanout
- 2 cups of water – add more if required.
Put all ingredients into a saucepan and boil until the couscous is tender, stirring frequently
Rest for 3-4 minutes. The couscous should be light and fluffy.
Plate up the couscous with a side of coleslaw, smashed avocado and a spoonful of hummus, and top with the pork.