Roasted tomato lentil hummus
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup dried red lentils
- 2or 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 cup of slow roasted tomatoes – need about 15 small tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut tomatoes in half, add small amount of coconut oil and slow roast at 160C for approx 40 mins in oven on fan bake.
- Boil water in a saucepan, add lentils and simmer until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed, about 15 mins. Drain and let cool.
- Place lentils, roasted tomatoes, garlic, and tahini in the food processor fitted with a blade attachment and pulse until lentils are broken up.
- Add oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste, blend. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and blend for 30 seconds more or until smooth.
Refrigerate until cold – spread on whatever you like – YUM.