To sleep, perchance to dream
Can’t sleep? I might be able to help with some getting to sleep tips.
Before you rush to the doctor or health shop for remedies chasing the ultimate sleep support ask yourself the following questions. Or you can send your answers to me in a private email if you wish and I’ll provide some getting to sleep tips for you.
- What medications (prescribed by GP or health supplements) am I taking each day?
- What drinks in the day did I have? – Tea, coffee, alcohol
- What foods did I eat during the day? We are all affected differently by various foods – eggs, grain (bread, cereal), spices, and meat. Are there any foods I know I might react to?
- What physical activity did I do today? Walk, golf, drive a long distance or fly?
- Did I watch TV in bed until I fell asleep? Or turn it off in the lounge 5 minutes before I went to bed?
- Did I bring my phone or laptop into the bedroom?
- Am I a ‘like to be busy person’ type?
- Do I wear any jewellery to bed?
- When did I last get a new bed or pillow?
- When did I last give my pillow an airing? In the dryer or hot water cupboard, or out in the sun
- What face cream did I put on before I got into bed?
- Do other people in the house or neighbourhood move around at night?
Working on your sleep is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Good sleep habits can help you get that good night’s sleep so you can go on and live your best life.