Making yoghurt at home is easy, saves money and tastes great
Homemade yoghurt recipe
- 750ml of raw milk – organic preferred, can be homogenised
- 1+1/2 tbsp of natural yoghurt – organic, no additives like sugar, flavouring etc
- 2 tbsp of milk powder – optional
How to make this delicious, healthy homemade yoghurt
- Heat the milk until it just starts to froth or rise in the pot
- Leave to cool for 20-25 minutes.
- Skim the top
- Add the yoghurt
- Place in a sealed jar, wrap with a towel and sit on top of the hot water cylinder – or any other really warm place.
- After about 6 hours – check thickness – leave longer for thicker consistency – the longer you leave the more tart it becomes.
- Then – take off 1 1/2 tbsp for your next batch – use a jar, and place in the fridge.
If you like keep half for unflavoured yoghurt
- To the other half add 2 tsp of vanilla extract, the best you can get
- 1 tbsp of the best maple syrup or runny honey.
Put in the fridge.
Yummy by itself and even more delicious in smoothies.